Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Maplantis Backup
Maplantis Backup
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 17 2008, 5:12 am
By: Ultraviolet  

Jun 17 2008, 5:12 am Ultraviolet Post #1

We do a little trolling

In the files section all the download from maplantis links still point to maplantis instead of staredit.net/maplantis. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. And at the same time, OSMap should be removed from the downloads section there, since SEN is pro-mapper's choice.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Jun 17 2008, 5:44 am Falkoner Post #2



NO! Keep OS Map. :) Only people who went to maplantis know how to access the maplantis backup anyway, so it's not breaking any site rules :shifty:



None.

Jun 17 2008, 6:31 am Axii Post #3



Quote from Falkoner
NO! Keep OS Map. :) Only people who went to maplantis know how to access the maplantis backup anyway, so it's not breaking any site rules :shifty:
Actually, I never heard of Maplantis before a few yesterday, And I was easily able to access all the Sen.net/maplantis things lol.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 8:13 am Ultraviolet Post #4

We do a little trolling

It's not complicated to access it. And hearing people talk about it a lot will get people asking questions and eventually they'll find it. It should be removed, it's hosted by SEN.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Jun 17 2008, 3:19 pm Symmetry Post #5

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
In the files section all the download from maplantis links still point to maplantis instead of staredit.net/maplantis. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. And at the same time, OSMap should be removed from the downloads section there, since SEN is pro-mapper's choice.

Yeah, I pmed Yoshi about the files page a while ago. I don't know if he ever got it though >>



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 17 2008, 3:20 pm Falkoner Post #6



Oh, c'mon, I post links to OS Map in the shoutbox enough anyway, if they want to find it, they will find it, whether or not you remove from Maplantis. Also, I think it's more of an annoyance for Moose to remove the OS Map link than it's worth.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 4:08 pm InsolubleFluff Post #7



oohh ooh lets have another OS vs CS topic :D!
OS rox because there's no reason to be a greedy bizzle and say others can't edit your map, if others edit it, just dont play it :D!



None.

Jun 17 2008, 5:40 pm Koltz Post #8



Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
since SEN is pro-mapper's choice.
Politics at it's finest ;)



None.

Jun 17 2008, 7:12 pm mikelat Post #9



I thought I had fixed it but it apparently reverted.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 7:24 pm Moose Post #10

Armor: 90.50%

You might also want to include a link to the static Maplantis on the www.maplantis.org redirect.
I had it done for you, but was too lazy to change the file ownership. :P




Jun 17 2008, 7:47 pm Twitch Post #11



OH come on folks lets not start another f'ing Open source vs closed source I thought it was over already....
Anyways I find no problem with the static maplantis.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 8:02 pm Syphon Post #12



Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
In the files section all the download from maplantis links still point to maplantis instead of staredit.net/maplantis. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. And at the same time, OSMap should be removed from the downloads section there, since SEN is pro-mapper's choice.

Choice is a two way street.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 8:22 pm Brontobyte Post #13



Why? If you want to download it you can, if you don't want to download it, just don't. I don't see the point of "protecting" a map. If StarCraft can read the map, some uber programmer can make a program to un protect it. Simple as that. :-_-:



None.

Jun 17 2008, 9:25 pm Ultraviolet Post #14

We do a little trolling

Quote from Syphon
Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
In the files section all the download from maplantis links still point to maplantis instead of staredit.net/maplantis. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. And at the same time, OSMap should be removed from the downloads section there, since SEN is pro-mapper's choice.

Choice is a two way street.

Apparently, leaving SEN is unfortunately a two-way street, too.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Jun 17 2008, 9:38 pm mikelat Post #15



Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Apparently, leaving SEN is unfortunately a two-way street, too.
No that'd be a 4 way intersection.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 9:48 pm Moose Post #16

Armor: 90.50%

Quote from Syphon
Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
In the files section all the download from maplantis links still point to maplantis instead of staredit.net/maplantis. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. And at the same time, OSMap should be removed from the downloads section there, since SEN is pro-mapper's choice.

Choice is a two way street.
Syphon, you appear to have missed a key word used in determining who does the choosing.

I don't see anything else useful stemming from this topic.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet, lifebot